Saturday 21 March 2009

Week Nine

Neck

The next stage was giving my character a neck to go with the head and attach it to the body. I started the neck by selecting the edges around the back of the head at the bottom held down shift and dragged them out. This created the basis for the neck.



After the neck had been dragged out it then needed to be dragged into place so that it looked more realistic. This meant that the neck had to face downwards rather than out to the back.



After moving the neck into place I then smoothed the head to see what it looked like and to ensure the head and neck look correct.


Once the neck looked correct i then defined the shape of the face and neck further, this meant shaping the back of the head and neck and also shaping the chin some more.


After this I started working on the space for the eyes creating deeper indents in the face for where the eyes and eye sockets would be.


I then started working on the nose bringing out the shape of the nose slightly from the face, finding the position on the face of where the nose would be.


Finally for the modelling of the shape of the face I created the eye sockets where the eyes would be placed on the face.


Next week I will spend my time defining the face further by adding facial features such as the eyes, nose, mouth and ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment